Latest Information Update: 10 Dec 1999
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Oxidosqualene cyclase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 10 Dec 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hypercholesterolaemia in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed.
- 12 Dec 1997 New profile