Latest Information Update: 07 Apr 1999
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Heart failure therapies
- Mechanism of Action Endothelin A receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; Heart failure
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Zeneca and Astra to form AstraZeneca completed
- 14 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 14 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Heart failure in United Kingdom (Unknown route)