GemopatrilatAlternative Names: BMS 189921
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antihypertensives; Azepines; Heart failure therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action ACE inhibitors; Neprilysin inhibitors; Vasopeptidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jan 2008 Discontinued - Phase-II for Hypertension in USA (unspecified route)
- 18 Jan 2008 Discontinued - Phase-II for Heart failure in USA (unspecified route)
- 09 Mar 2001 BMS 189921 is now called gemopatrilat