At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source; Prince Leopold Institute of Tropical Medicine
- Developer Prince Leopold Institute of Tropical Medicine
- Class Alkaloids; Antimalarials
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 15 Dec 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Malaria in Belgium (unspecified route)
- 19 Jun 2001 This compound is still in active development
- 30 Dec 1997 New profile