Human papillomavirus vaccine MEDI 501 - MedImmune/GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: HPV 11 vaccine - MedImmune/GlaxoSmithKline; MEDI 501
Latest Information Update: 29 Sep 2004
At a glance
- Originator MedImmune
- Class Cancer vaccines; Papillomavirus vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Human papillomavirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 29 Sep 2004 Discontinued - Phase-I for Human papillomavirus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Aug 2003 No development reported - Phase-I for Human papillomavirus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 22 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline