Latest Information Update: 30 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Elan Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Neurological disorders; Seizures
Most Recent Events
- 21 Sep 1999 Neurex Coporation is now part of Elan Pharmaceuticals
- 06 Mar 1998 Preclinical development for Seizures in USA (Unknown route)
- 13 Jan 1998 New profile