At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 15 Oct 2003 A preclinical study has been added to the Alzheimer's disease and Cognition disorders pharmacodynamics section
- 04 Aug 2003 Preclinical studies have been added to the adverse events and Alzheimer's disease and Cognition disorders pharmacodynamics sections
- 16 Dec 1999 SIBIA Neurosciences has been acquired by, and integrated into, Merck & Co.