CO 102862Alternative Names: V 102862
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Purdue Pharma
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy; Neuropathic pain
Most Recent Events
- 23 Dec 2002 Phase-I clinical trials in Epilepsy in USA (PO)
- 16 Nov 1999 CoCensys has been acquired by Purdue Pharma
- 24 Nov 1998 Preclinical development for Neuropathic pain in USA (PO)