Streptococcal A vaccine - SIGAAlternative Names: StrepImmune
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2014
At a glance
- Originator SIGA Technologies
- Class Streptococcal vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Streptococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Aug 2002 This vaccine is still in active development
- 29 Dec 2000 Phase-I clinical trials in Streptococcal infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 15 Oct 1999 SIGA has been awarded a SBIR grant for development of the vaccine