Leptin gene therapy - Chiron Corporation
Latest Information Update: 15 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Chiron Corporation
- Class Gene therapies; Obesity therapies
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jan 1998 New profile
- 22 Jan 1998 Preclinical development for Obesity in USA (IM)
- 22 Jan 1998 Preclinical development for Diabetes mellitus in USA (IM)