At a glance
- Originator Egis Pharmaceuticals
- Class Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action AMPA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 02 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for Neuroprotection in Hungary (Unknown route)
- 28 Jan 1998 New profile
- 28 Jan 1998 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in Hungary (Unknown route)