Latest Information Update: 06 Oct 2006
At a glance
- Originator Anesta Corporation
- Class Anaesthetics; Imidazoles
- Mechanism of Action GABA receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders
Most Recent Events
- 06 Oct 2006 Discontinued - Phase-II for Anxiety disorders in USA (PO)
- 17 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Anxiety disorders in USA (PO)
- 01 Nov 2000 Anesta has been acquired by Cephalon