Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Obesity therapies
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2001 No-Development-Reported for Obesity in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 23 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 28 Jan 1998 Preclinical development for Obesity in United Kingdom (Unknown route)