Latest Information Update: 24 Jun 2002
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antiulcers
- Mechanism of Action Proton pump inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Gastro-oesophageal reflux; Peptic ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed
- 09 Jul 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for Peptic ulcer in Sweden (Unknown route)
- 09 Jul 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for Gastro-oesophageal reflux in Sweden (Unknown route)