Latest Information Update: 20 Sep 2001
At a glance
- Originator Astra Pain Control
- Class Analgesics; Local anaesthetics
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain
Most Recent Events
- 20 Sep 2001 Discontinued-II for Pain in Sweden (Topical)
- 14 Apr 1999 Phase-II clinical trials for Pain in Sweden (Topical)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed