At a glance
- Originator MGI GP
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate carboxypeptidase II inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diabetic neuropathies; Neurodegenerative disorders; Neuropathic pain
Most Recent Events
- 16 Feb 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Neurodegenerative disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Feb 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Neuropathic pain in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Feb 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Diabetic neuropathies in USA (unspecified route)