Research programme: caspase inhibitors - EpiCeptAlternative Names: MX 1153
Latest Information Update: 19 Sep 2008
At a glance
- Originator EpiCept Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Caspase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Multiple organ failure; Myocardial infarction; Septic shock; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jan 2006 Maxim Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into EpiCept Corporation
- 22 Aug 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 19 Jul 2000 Cytovia has been acquired by Maxim Pharmaceuticals