Latest Information Update: 12 Jul 2000
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antirheumatics
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha4beta1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Multiple sclerosis; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 12 Jul 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Multiple sclerosis in United Kingdom (Injection)
- 12 Jul 2000 Discontinued-I for Rheumatoid arthritis in United Kingdom (Injection)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed