AZD 8129Alternative Names: AR A000002; AR A2XX; AR-A2; AZD8219
Latest Information Update: 18 Aug 2005
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antidepressants; Anxiolytics
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 1B receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jul 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II for Depression in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 28 Jul 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II for Anxiety disorders in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 08 Oct 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in Depression in Sweden (unspecified route)