Calcitonin oral - ProvalisAlternative Names: Macritonin; Salcatonin oral - Provalis
Latest Information Update: 24 Jun 1999
At a glance
- Originator Provalis
- Class Antihypercalcaemics; Calcium regulators; Neuropeptides; Osteoporosis therapies; Peptide hormones
- Mechanism of Action Calcitonin stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jun 1999 Discontinued-preregistration for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in Ireland (PO)
- 24 Jun 1999 Discontinued-III for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in United Kingdom (PO)
- 24 Jun 1999 Discontinued-preregistration for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in Luxembourg (PO)