At a glance
- Originator Aventis Japan
- Class Antibacterials; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Staphylococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 24 Dec 1999 Hoechst has merged with Rhône-Poulenc to form Aventis
- 20 Feb 1998 New profile
- 20 Feb 1998 Preclinical development for Staphylococcal infections in Japan (Unknown route)