Calcitonin inhalation - Dura/SpirosAlternative Names: Calcitonin aerosol - Dura/Spiros; Salcatonin aerosol - Dura/Spiros; Salcatonin inhalation - Dura/Spiros
Latest Information Update: 02 Oct 2000
At a glance
- Originator Dura Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Dura Pharmaceuticals; Spiros Development Corporation II
- Mechanism of Action Calcitonin stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 02 Oct 2000 Discontinued-Clinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (Inhalation)
- 23 Feb 1998 New profile
- 23 Feb 1998 Investigation in Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (Inhalation)