Erythropoietin gene therapy - VicalAlternative Names: EPO plasmid DNA - Vical; Erythropoietin plasmid DNA - Vical
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Vical
- Class Antianaemics; Gene therapies; Recombinant erythropoietins
- Mechanism of Action Erythropoiesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Anaemia
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Anaemia in USA (IM)
- 17 Jun 2003 Preclinical trials in Anaemia in USA (IM)
- 17 Jun 2003 Data presented at the 6th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Gene Therapy (ASGT-2003) have been added to the Gene Therapies and Haematological Disorders pharmacodynamics sections