Calcitonin-human injection - NovartisAlternative Names: Cibacalcin; Cibacalcina; Cibacalcine
Latest Information Update: 01 Aug 2012
Price : $50
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antihypercalcaemics; Calcium regulators; Neuropeptides; Osteoporosis therapies; Peptide hormones
- Mechanism of Action Calcitonin stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Hypercalcaemia; Malignant hypercalcaemia; Osteitis deformans; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2012 The European Medicines Agency recommended that due to an increased risk of cancer associated with long-term use, calcitonin medicines should only be used for the shortest possible time using the minimum effective dose .
- 19 Sep 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 03 Mar 1998 Launched for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (Injection)