Latest Information Update: 18 Jul 2001
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Thrombopoietin stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Thrombocytopenia
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jul 2001 Investigation in Thrombocytopenia in USA (Unknown route)
- 19 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 21 Oct 1998 Glaxo Wellcome confirms that AF 13948 is a prototype and not intended for therapeutic applications