Latest Information Update: 30 Sep 1999
At a glance
- Originator BioCryst Pharmaceuticals; University of Alabama; University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antihaemorrhagics
- Mechanism of Action Complement C1 inhibitors; Complement factor D inhibitors; Kallikrein inhibitors; Plasmin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Blood coagulation disorders; Reperfusion injury
Most Recent Events
- 30 Sep 1999 Discontinued-I for Reperfusion injury in USA (IV)
- 30 Sep 1999 Discontinued-I for Coagulation disorders in USA (IV)
- 27 Oct 1998 Phase-I clinical trials for Reperfusion injury in USA (IV)