Phosphodiesterase IV inhibitor - Celltech/MerckAlternative Names: PDE4 inhibitor - Celltech/Merck
Latest Information Update: 21 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator Celltech Group
- Developer Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jul 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in USA (PO)
- 21 Jul 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Asthma in USA (PO)
- 08 May 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in USA (PO)