Research programme: aggrecanase inhibitors - AstraZeneca/Celltech
Latest Information Update: 18 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca; Celltech Group
- Mechanism of Action Aggrecanase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Osteoarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 11 Sep 2002 Preclinical trials in Osteoarthritis in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 02 May 2001 Celltech Chiroscience Discovery is now called Celltech R&D
- 02 Feb 2000 Medeva has been merged into Celltech Chiroscience, which is now called Celltech Group