Diclofenac ophthalmic - AlconAlternative Names: Fenacon; Vistal
Latest Information Update: 27 Aug 2010
At a glance
- Originator Alcon
- Class Antipyretics; Antirheumatics; Non-opioid analgesics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Phenylacetates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Arachidonic acid inhibitors; Cyclooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Ocular inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2010 Alcon has been acquired by Novartis
- 05 Feb 1999 Launched for Ocular inflammation in Brazil (Ophthalmic)
- 05 Feb 1999 Launched for Ocular inflammation in Argentina (Ophthalmic)