Glucagon-like peptide-1 oral transmucosal - Watson
Latest Information Update: 11 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Watson Laboratories
- Class Glucagon-like peptides
- Mechanism of Action Glucagon like peptide 1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 14 May 2003 No development reported - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Transmucosal)
- 14 May 2003 Watson Laboratories is seeking a partner to develop and commercialise the product worldwide (http://www.watsonpharm.com)
- 16 Jan 2001 TheraTech is now called Watson Laboratories