At a glance
- Originator Japan Tobacco; Mitsubishi Pharma Corporation
- Class Antihypertensives
- Mechanism of Action Renin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 02 Oct 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hypertension in Japan (PO)
- 06 Apr 2000 Yoshitomi is now called Welfide Corporation
- 07 Apr 1998 New profile