Latest Information Update: 21 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Agouron Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Rhinovirus 3C protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Common cold
Most Recent Events
- 21 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Rhinovirus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Jul 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 22 Jun 2000 Warner-Lambert has merged with Pfizer