At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 06 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 15 Apr 1998 New profile
- 15 Apr 1998 Preclinical development for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)