SIB 1757Alternative Names: SIB 1757 series - Merck/Novartis
Latest Information Update: 06 Sep 2002
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co; Novartis
- Mechanism of Action Excitatory amino acid antagonists; Metabotropic glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 16 Dec 1999 SIBIA Neurosciences has been acquired by, and integrated into, Merck & Co.
- 14 Apr 1998 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in USA (Unknown route)