Research programme: amyloid beta antagonists - Merck/Bristol-Myers SquibbAlternative Names: Amyloid beta antagonists research programme - Merck/Bristol-Myers Squibb
Latest Information Update: 25 Aug 2003
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb; Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 02 Dec 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 02 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 16 Dec 1999 SIBIA Neurosciences has been acquired by, and integrated into, Merck & Co.