At a glance
- Originator Duke University Medical Center; GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antineoplastics; Benzene derivatives; Carboxylic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Selective estrogen receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Breast cancer
Most Recent Events
- 03 Oct 2001 No-Development-Reported for Breast cancer in USA (Unknown route)
- 23 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 22 Aug 1997 Preclinical development for Breast cancer in USA (Unknown route)