Calcitonin oral transmucosal - WatsonAlternative Names: Calcitonin buccal - Watson
Latest Information Update: 10 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Watson Laboratories
- Class Neuropeptides; Peptide hormones
- Mechanism of Action Calcitonin stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 05 Feb 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (Transmucosal)
- 16 Jan 2001 TheraTech is now called Watson Laboratories
- 23 Feb 1999 TheraTech is now a subsidiary of Watson Pharmaceuticals