At a glance
- Originator Yamanouchi
- Class Antibacterials; Macrolides
- Mechanism of Action Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Staphylococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 19 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Staphylococcal infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 19 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Staphylococcal infections in Indonesia (unspecified route)