Nifedipine oral - CeNeSAlternative Names: Nifedipine OSAT
Latest Information Update: 26 Jul 1999
At a glance
- Originator CeNeS Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihypertensives; Dihydropyridines; Heart failure therapies; Ischaemic heart disorder therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Angina pectoris; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 26 Jul 1999 Discontinued-Clinical for Hypertension in United Kingdom (PO)
- 26 Jul 1999 Discontinued-Clinical for Angina pectoris in United Kingdom (PO)
- 30 Apr 1998 New profile