At a glance
- Originator Shionogi
- Class Analgesics; Disease-modifying antirheumatics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants; Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors; Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Jul 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Rheumatoid arthritis in Japan (PO)
- 15 Jul 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Rheumatoid arthritis in Europe (PO)
- 29 May 2001 S 2474 is available for licensing (http://www.shionogi.co.jp)