Metronidazole vaginal - BTG/CeNeSAlternative Names: Metronidazole Hycore-V
Latest Information Update: 27 Oct 2004
At a glance
- Originator BTG
- Class Antibacterials; Antiprotozoals; Nitroimidazoles; Radiosensitisers; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial vaginosis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 27 Oct 2004 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Bacterial vaginosis in USA (Vaginal)
- 27 Oct 2004 Discontinued - Phase-II for Bacterial vaginosis in United Kingdom (Vaginal)