At a glance
- Originator Glycomed
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Glycosaminoglycan inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chlamydial infections; Herpes simplex virus infections; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 07 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for HIV infections prevention in USA (Vaginal)
- 07 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Chlamydial infections in USA (Vaginal)
- 07 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Vaginal)