Etoposide - SuperGenAlternative Names: EtopoExtra
Latest Information Update: 22 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator SuperGen
- Class Antineoplastics; Tetrahydronaphthalenes
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Small cell lung cancer; Testicular cancer
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jul 2001 This compound is still in active development
- 08 May 1998 Preclinical development for Testicular cancer in USA (Parenteral)
- 08 May 1998 Preclinical development for Small cell lung cancer in USA (Parenteral)