Daunorubicin - SuperGenAlternative Names: DaunoExtra
Latest Information Update: 22 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator SuperGen
- Class Anthracyclines; Antineoplastics; Cytostatic antibiotics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA intercalators; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Leukaemia
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2001 This compound is still in active development
- 24 Aug 2000 Investigation in Leukaemia in USA (Parenteral)
- 08 May 1998 Preclinical development for Leukaemia in USA (Parenteral)