Antivenom ViperaTAb - BTGAlternative Names: Common adder antivenom ViperaTAb - Protherics; ViperaTAb
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2010
At a glance
- Originator Protherics
- Class Antivenins
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Snake venom poisoning
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jan 2010 Biovitrum has merged with Swedish Orphan to form Swedish Orphan Biovitrum
- 04 Dec 2008 Protherics has been acquired and merged into BTG
- 24 Jun 2003 ViperaTAb is available for licensing in the EU (http://www.protherics.com)