Apomorphine - ChiesiAlternative Names: Apofin; Apomorphine hydrochloride - Chiesi; CHF 1526
Latest Information Update: 25 Jan 2011
At a glance
- Originator Chiesi
- Class Analgesics; Antiparkinsonians; Aporphines; Erectile dysfunction therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 14 Aug 2006 No development reported - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Parkinson's disease in Italy (Sublingual)
- 05 Sep 2000 Investigation in Parkinson's disease in Italy (Sublingual)
- 15 Jun 2000 Launched for Parkinson's disease in Italy (SC)