At a glance
- Originator Bayer; Celera Genomics Group
- Developer Celera Genomics Group
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Dioxoles; Guanidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Peptide hydrolase inhibitors; Tryptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammatory bowel diseases; Psoriasis; Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 06 Jun 2004 Discontinued - Phase-I for Inflammatory bowel disease in USA (IV-injection)
- 06 Jun 2004 Discontinued - Phase-II for Ulcerative colitis in USA (SC)
- 30 Mar 2001 Clinical trials of APC 2059 in asthma postponed until 2002