Research programme: CCR5/CXCR4 antagonists - Millennium/Pfizer
Latest Information Update: 20 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Millennium Pharmaceuticals; Pfizer
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action CCR5 receptor antagonists; CXCR4 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 20 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (unspecified route)
- 30 May 2002 Pfizer has licensed patent rights to CCR5 from Euroscreen