Meglumine gamma linolenateAlternative Names: Megla; Meglumine gamma linolenic acid; Meglumine GLA; SC 101i
Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2002
At a glance
- Originator Scotia Pharmaceuticals [CEASED]
- Class Antineoplastics; Hexosamines
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bladder cancer
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jan 2002 Discontinued-II for Bladder cancer in United Kingdom (Intratumoural)
- 19 Oct 2000 A clinical study in patients with bladder cancer has been added to the adverse events and Cancer therapeutic trials sections
- 19 Oct 2000 Phase-II clinical trials for Bladder cancer in United Kingdom (Intratumoural)