Latest Information Update: 27 Aug 2003
At a glance
- Originator Unknown
- Developer Taisho Pharmaceutical
- Class Antidepressants
- Mechanism of Action Monoamine oxidase A inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 27 Aug 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Depression in Japan (unspecified route)
- 22 Aug 2001 No-Development-Reported for Depression in Japan (Unknown route)
- 08 May 1998 Preclinical development for Depression in Japan (Unknown route)